Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chimney

Hi Everyone-

Instead of brick or stucco, I'm going to have a steel cover fabricated for the exterior of my oven, using sheet steel. My question is this: is there any reason NOT to have a chimney that is also fabricated out of sheet steel? Like a simple rectangle? My apologies is this is a stupid question.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

Jeff,

If the exterior skin has a rust inhibitor/paint inside and out their should not be a problem in the near future imo. Even the square chimney is no problem as long as the id is sufficient for the size of your oven. That again is my opinion. My chimney/flu is square. Brick, but it is square with no draft problems. Most oven flus are double layered with a space and/or insulation separating the two. I do think that the inside layer should be stainless steel, though. Carbon steel wont hold up in that area for very long.

just sayin'
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Agree with what Gulf is saying. The chimney smoke will chew through the carbon steel in no time. So you'll need a liner for anywhere the smoke would hit the steel.
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
      X