DIY PIZZA TRAILER BUILD IN UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY PIZZA TRAILER BUILD IN UK

Hiya last week myself and friends started on the DIY Pizza trailer which should be completed asap.

I have uploaded the pics for you to look at

Can you see any potential problems with this or should all be OK, I just want to be sure and iron out anything before fixing the dome to the actual trailer.

The trailer is a trailer tent weighing 150kg and the oven is about 200kg and the max weight the trailer holds is 500kg

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Attached Files

Hey James,

Is there any chance that you can add another axel to your trailer? Two axels will be safer imo. Aside from tipping when disconnectiong (I'm sure that you are working that out by centering the load a little foreward), I worry about what would happen if a tire blows out. Loosing the only tire on one side will cause a sideways shockload to an already topheavy structure. Just some things to think about when cross bracing the oven stand and securing the oven.

Also, you can use the camera icon in your reply to add pics as thumbnails. I stole a pic of your trailer and attached it that way.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
      Hey James,

Is there any chance that you can add another axel to your trailer? Two axels will be safer imo. Aside from tipping when disconnectiong (I'm sure that you are working that out by centering the load a little foreward), I worry about what would happen if a tire blows out. Loosing the only tire on one side will cause a sideways shockload to an already topheavy structure. Just some things to think about when cross bracing the oven stand and securing the oven.

Also, you can use the camera icon in your reply to add pics as thumbnails. I stole a pic of your trailer and attached it that way.
      I agree, those tiny 4 stud wheels look like the ones on a lightweight trailer for a small boat. How did it tow with the cast oven in it? Remember you still have to add a substantial amount of weight for the oven support to sit on, the insulation and outer shell, flue, cooking equipment and wood for firing.
      My ute is rated as a one toner, but I reckon it's overloaded with anything more than half that weight.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi Chaps thanks for your comments which I have taken on board, Remember the trailer manufacturer says its suitable to 500kg.

David - It has yet to be installed onto the trailer, this should be done Thursday

Comment

Hi guys we done our first firing yesterday, what would you recommend thats nice but easy way of decorating the dome pls?

Thanks

Comment

After insulating all around it i.e. under and over it, you can either do an igloo with a render applied over the insulation or build an enclosure like a dog kennel. Regarding decorating it the easiest way is probably to paint it. I have flames painted on the outer shell of my mobile oven.

PS If that's a hose you are using to douse the fire, don't do it again because it's damaging to the refractory and water will hamper the performance of the oven. Keep it dry.
            Last edited by david s; 01-03-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
              After insulating all around it i.e. under and over it, you can either do an igloo with a render applied over the insulation or build an enclosure like a dog kennel. Regarding decorating it the easiest way is probably to paint it. I have flames painted on the outer shell of my mobile oven.

PS If that's a hose you are using to douse the fire, don't do it again because it's damaging to the refractory and water will hamper the performance of the oven. Keep it dry.
              That looks smart and thanks for your input, Can i ask what would you recommend to fix the oven to the trailer to stop it sliding off.

Comment

Can i ask what would you recommend to fix the oven to the trailer to stop it sliding off.

In my case I made a steel cradle that the oven sits in. It is held in the trailer by chains and turnbuckles. I did it this way so I could keep the oven under cover and also use the trailer for other purposes.Some builders have permanent chain or cables built in, others removable straps over the top. Search mobile ovens on this forum for ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                  Can i ask what would you recommend to fix the oven to the trailer to stop it sliding off.

In my case I made a steel cradle that the oven sits in. It is held in the trailer by chains and turnbuckles. I did it this way so I could keep the oven under cover and also use the trailer for other purposes.Some builders have permanent chain or cables built in, others removable straps over the top. Search mobile ovens on this forum for ideas.

I like the flames, did you do that yourself or get someone in to do it

I did search extensively on here a few weekends ago and read masses of info but nothing on securing it as such

Comment

Yeah, I painted the flames myself

Check here for another method of securing oven to trailer.

http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...099#post242099

Comment

Working...
                    X