Considering a 42" cast oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a 42" cast oven

OK so as much as I love the pompeii 110 it comes down to a time issue for me with all of the brick work. I am now thinking of a monolithic 42" cast slightly modified with a dome mid-way between a neapolitan and tuscan. Here is what I am thinking:

Interior Dims:
    42" inside diameter
    12" Sidewall
    19" Dome height
    Door Opening 20" wide, 12" high at sides arched to 13.5" (roughly the 63% rule)

Castable I am looking at is OVENZZ™ CAST - http://ovenzzrefractory.com/#refractorySolutions

I would "pour" in place on my hearth but should it be poured on top of 2" Cal-Sil and fire brick cut inside?
    Firebricks, high-temperature cements, and mortar for commercial and residential oven suppliers, designers, and builders.

Do you have a local supplier for that castable or would you have to have it shipped in? If you can buy local, I strongly recommend that. I was able to buy almost everything I needed in Louisville, KY. Was able to pick up medium duty firebrick, dense castable and 8# density Cerablanket. The only high dollar shipping I paid for was for the Cal-Sil board.

If I was rebuilding, I would pour an additional concrete "island" on top of the hearth in the same shape as the Cal-Sil. This would be used for a very solid anchor to tie the wire holding the insulation. There is a Forno Bravo video showing the insulating and stucco work being done on a Primavera.

Cutting firebrick to fit inside the dome is a fairly simple task if you have a tile saw. I picked a used one up cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by sriceky View Post
      Do you have a local supplier for that castable or would you have to have it shipped in? If you can buy local, I strongly recommend that. I was able to buy almost everything I needed in Louisville, KY. Was able to pick up medium duty firebrick, dense castable and 8# density Cerablanket. The only high dollar shipping I paid for was for the Cal-Sil board.

If I was rebuilding, I would pour an additional concrete "island" on top of the hearth in the same shape as the Cal-Sil. This would be used for a very solid anchor to tie the wire holding the insulation. There is a Forno Bravo video showing the insulating and stucco work being done on a Primavera.

Cutting firebrick to fit inside the dome is a fairly simple task if you have a tile saw. I picked a used one up cheap.

I am planning a dog house enclosure at this point anyways so I can just drive a few tapcons into the slab to tie the wire to. I do have a local supplier for all of refractory. Thinking on it I guess I will need to add a couple inches to my drawing as 19" would be with the dome sitting on top of the fire brick.

Comment

Well just putting the final tweaks on my plans. I spoke to my local refractory dealer today to make sure I order the right stuff. Here is the look I am going for.

Comment

Working...
        X