Announcement

Collapse

Forum Restore

If you’re a frequent visitor of the forum, you may have noticed that several new posts are missing from the past week. The team team was informed of an issue in the code and had to restore our forum to fix the issue. We thank you for continuing to be a part of the WFO community and enhancing the experiment of everyone in it.
See more
See less

Homebrew cast over gym ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew cast over gym ball

Hi!
    I'm planning to use a homebrew cast over a gymball. No needles or fibres.

You can see the plan in the attached PDF.
    I live in sweden, so it can be kind of cold nights still, could very well turn to below 0 C during the nights and early morning. Can i start casting in my garage?, not heated. The long term weather cast says above 0 after this weekend.

i will try to the the cast of homebrew and the bottom plate of concrete in the garage, after that im afraid i have to move outside and continue the work where the final placement will be.
    I'm gonna use a wooden furniture as a base and my plan was to have it on my wooden deck, but i realized it might be to heavy for that, so i maybe have to put it outside of the wooden deck.

When i put my pieces together and apply my insulation layer(s) should i put a plastic coverover it to protect it from rain? im not sure i will have roof over it.
    The clay i found is for tiled stoves, will that be good enough? cant find "fire clay" here at a decent price, refractory mortar is easy to find, but its not what i want?

Please look at my drawing and point out possible misstakes i might make.

the calculated weight is over 300kg, are my numbers close to reality?

Attached Files
Working...
X