Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castable Oven – 3D Drawings/Models

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Castable Oven – 3D Drawings/Models

    Hi all,
    I’ve been speaking to a few of you and I’m going to start planning my 32inch Castable (homebrew).
    I find all the information quite hard to understand myself.
    So I’m going to do some 3D drawing (Autodesk Fusion 360) and make them all public here when I’m done.
    I’d love lots of feedback on the design elements (size’s etc) - Sorry if my CAD drawing isn’t up to scratch :P
    I’m also producing a detailed Excel sheet with all my dimensions and using formulas to calculate everything, which ill make public when I’m done too.
    So if there are any good equations I should be using please let me know!

  • #2
    Some have mentioned a ~200mm (https://community.fornobravo.com/for...803#post413803 - DavidS ) Entry length is fine, keeping it very tight to the 150mm Flue.

    Should the 200mm Start from the inner wall of the casted dome as per the drawing, or from the External Verm-create?

    Comment


    • #3
      Another member has already done an Excel spreadsheet on calculating materials for a cast oven. Why reinvent the wheel.

      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...l-to-buy/page2

      Also, I notice there is not a reveal for the oven door to sit against on the CAD design.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by aaronpizza View Post
        Some have mentioned a ~200mm (https://community.fornobravo.com/for...803#post413803 - DavidS ) Entry length is fine, keeping it very tight to the 150mm Flue.

        Should the 200mm Start from the inner wall of the casted dome as per the drawing, or from the External Verm-create?
        To make the entry shallower I moved the base of the oven mouth 20mm inside the inner dome perimeter. My flue gallery depth is125mm against the oven mouth, an 8mm expansion gap and 70mm for outer decorative arch including tiling (total 203 mm) enables me to sit the oven on a square footprint of 910mm.
        I've attached a pic which explains this better. Look closely for the pencil lines. There are many ways to skin a cat, this is just my solution.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	421576
        Last edited by david s; 04-24-2020, 11:22 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
          Another member has already done an Excel spreadsheet on calculating materials for a cast oven. Why reinvent the wheel.

          https://community.fornobravo.com/for...l-to-buy/page2

          Also, I notice there is not a reveal for the oven door to sit against on the CAD design.
          ah didn't find this excel sheet! Certainly don't want to reinvent!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by david s View Post

            To make the entry shallower I moved the base of the oven mouth 20mm inside the inner dome perimeter. My flue gallery depth is125mm against the oven mouth, an 8mm expansion gap and 70mm for outer decorative arch including tiling (total 203 mm) enables me to sit the oven on a square footprint of 910mm.
            I've attached a pic which explains this better. Look closely for the pencil lines. There are many ways to skin a cat, this is just my solution.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	421576
            thanks this is useful! I, in fact, did my first drawing wrong in a few places so started again

            Comment


            • #7
              Use the link I gave you and go to post 22
              Russell
              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by david s View Post

                To make the entry shallower I moved the base of the oven mouth 20mm inside the inner dome perimeter. My flue gallery depth is125mm against the oven mouth, an 8mm expansion gap and 70mm for outer decorative arch including tiling (total 203 mm) enables me to sit the oven on a square footprint of 910mm.
                I've attached a pic which explains this better. Look closely for the pencil lines. There are many ways to skin a cat, this is just my solution.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	421576
                Hi DavidS when you say a footprint of 910mm, what size oven does that apply to ?
                Cheers

                Comment

                Working...
                X