Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bend, Oregon USA 29" interior Floor

Dino

I started with my First coat after the metal mesh on Tuesday night and I waited until today to build the Stone Face this morning with special high heat epoxy that I bought at Home depot.
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

http://www.homedepot.com/Paint/h_d1/...atalogId=10053

I drilled holes in the back of the rock and then glued 1/4 by 1 1/2 bolt to the rock then I drilled a 3/8 hole in the Brick then I glue the stone to the brick.......Then at 5pm I started with the last coat of the oven before the Drivit.

I used some hidden tricks I never told anyone until NOW

The skim coat has Stainless Steel Needles
    Refractory Reinforcing 1" Stainless Steel Needles 10# - eBay (item 130337734449 end time Apr-14-10 07:04:54 PDT)

The last coat has Fiber mesh in it
    Enduro Macro Micro Synthetic Concrete Fi - Propex Concrete Systems

This is the ticket to help it from not cracking and structural sound
    Last edited by 100million; 04-09-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Well just coated the oven with my first coat of Stucco Or STO Welcome to Sto North America

What you all think?

Tomorrow I will coat another coat or NO SAND Stucco....It will give it the Baby Smooth BUTT look

Comment

Chris - it looks awesome, nice job!

Les...
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
          Chris - it looks awesome, nice job!

Les...
          Well the Peasant is trying his best to keep up with you MASTER BUILDERS

Comment

Looks very nice. Is that a STO acrylic finish?

Comment

Yes this is STO

BUT THE COOL THING is this

I did not pay a dime for it and how did i do it and I think you can too or anyone can

CALL any stucco guy in your town because when they buy stucco for a job they buy it in 5 gallon pails and ALWAYS and i MEAN ALWAYS they have left overs......they can't do anything with it except save it or throw it away...They always have aleast 2-4 pails left for a BIG job they did....

I only use about 1/3 of a pail for my size of a oven

Comment

Expect cracking, especially around the arch and the chimney. Acrylic stucco finishes are great products, but only in the proper application. Even an elastomeric acrylic finish is going to pushed to the limits in this application.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
                  Even an elastomeric acrylic finish is going to pushed to the limits in this application.
                  I'm not so sure about this. The Dryvit I used was like latex paint with sand. Two years later, you can still bend it.

Les...

Comment

It has decent flexural strength, but it is poor in shear, and has a different coefficient of thermal expansion than cementious stucco. No big deal, just a few small cracks where mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                      I'm not so sure about this. The Dryvit I used was like latex paint with sand. Two years later, you can still bend it.

Les...
                      The Drivit is the Same as STO

With all the sand infused latex in it.... ihave seen the longevity and the elasticity in this product for years to come

Tscar wrote....
                      but it is poor in shear, and has a different coefficient of thermal expansion .........you need to look at my structure of the oven and what i did after the outer bricks and see how I added Shear and Thermal Expansion

BUT ....I guess we will see what happens a few firing from now

Comment

Originally posted by 100million View Post

BUT ....I guess we will see what happens a few firing from now
                        Chris - you are putting this over insulation. I would think that the thermal expansion is non-existant. I have fired my oven with snow on the dome and there are no problems. I personally think you will be golden. But... when your whole build goes to crap, let me know.

Les...

Comment

I have 20 years as a manufacturer's rep for these particular materials. I have seen them used for many things, correctly and incorrectly, and I will state the bottom line thus: You are on your own for any type of warranty issue or technical question. Caveat Emptor.
                          Last edited by Tscarborough; 04-12-2010, 09:12 PM.

Comment

just to clear up somethings

This is my layers starting with brick

2 1/2" fire brick
                            16 gauge chicken fencing (acting like Rebar) with wire attached to it to weave threw the mortar and blanket and sercure the alum lath down and keep it's shape like a doom
                            1/2-3/4" of mortar of 3.1.1.1 mix POOR MANS Fire Mortar
                            2-3" ceramic blanket
                            Alum Foil (covering and TAPE close and tight)
                            1/2" alum lath (used in brick laying)
                            3/4" of mortar of 3.1.1.1 mix POOR MANS Fire Mortar (FIRST COAT)
                            1/2-3/4" of mortar of 3.1.1.1 mix POOR MANS Fire Mortar (SECOND COAT)

THEN Finally
                            1/16th-1/8th" of Sto Powerflex Medium (First Coat)
                            1/16th-1/8th" of Sto Powerflex Free Flow (Second Coat)

This Sto Powerflex is for color and rain protectent ONLY

I hope this clears a few things up

Chris

Comment

There are specific and mandatory details for edges, transitions, and joints when using acrylic finishes designed for EIFS systems, which are also required to be applied by certified installers.

It sounds like you did a nice job of building the oven, and you shouldn't have any major problems, so no worries.

Comment

There are specific and mandatory details for edges, transitions, and joints when using acrylic finishes designed for EIFS systems, which are also required to be applied by certified installers.
                                Do I need to be a Certified installer to trowl on a 1/16-1/8" coat of STO on a PIZZA OVEN? or What does this statement have to do with WFO?

It sounds like you did a nice job of building the oven, and you shouldn't have any major problems, so no worries.
                                THANKS........Does it look like it too? and since you are a master sales rep for those type of products,,,,,do you see minor problems?

Comment

Working...
                                X