Question About My Oven Dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About My Oven Dome

I set the final key stone today at the top of my dome. I'm very excited but a little concerned with the final shape. I'm not really worried that it will collapse or anything. I'm just upset that it's sort of peaked instead of more rounded at the top and when I look inside it's more jaggy and not very smooth.

I was just wondering if anyone had this happen.
    Journal of My Oven's Progress

Re: Question About My Oven Dome

I wouldn't worry about it. How is your entry to dome height ratio?

George
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Dave...
      Jagged or smooth.. as long as your construction is good,, Your oven wont fall apart and will cook well..... Mine is a little rough inside the dome at the top.. also a little oval.. It cooks great..
      Cheers and Good Luck
      Mark

Comment

I think that's what caused the little peak, trying to come out of the oval shape that was forming. It was weird. The last set of brick pieces lined up excellent, but from about 3/4 of the way up it was a big challenge. I sure hope it stays put. Should be ok.

In all seriousness, I cried when I set the final keystone. Pretty emotional moment.
        Journal of My Oven's Progress

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDQ View Post
          In all seriousness, I cried when I set the final keystone. Pretty emotional moment.
          Wait until you taste your first pizza!

congrats, Dave
          Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/fornososo/Pizza#

Comment

meh, not to worry my oven looks the same and 2 years later still going strong with no cracks. Well that ill admit to!

Comment

Working...
            X