Brick on Board ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick on Board ?

Do i still need to use the leveling paste (sand & fireclay) on the Insulation board ?
    Some do it the Hard Way. Some Do it The Easy Way.Most Do it the "right" way. and none do it the same way. Oh, and the wrong way is reserved for those who just dont do it!

Re: Brick on Board ?

Do i still need to use the leveling paste (sand & fireclay) on the Insulation board ?
    Not if your bricks sit flat. I didn't use any. If you have one below grade, you could always sprinkle a little there, and re-lay it.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

thank you sir
      Some do it the Hard Way. Some Do it The Easy Way.Most Do it the "right" way. and none do it the same way. Oh, and the wrong way is reserved for those who just dont do it!

Comment

Although my board is level (thanks to a smooth hearth floor) I am finding that all bricks are not created equal I have some very minor irregularities in the height of my floor bricks. Fortunately I'm not too far along when I read this string.

I have some remnants from my wet saw and some very fine sand. I will mix to make an underlayment.

However, before I take that step, is there any harm in just using sand under the floor brick? I'm talking a few handsful probably. Does the brick slurry add a degree of stability? I'm recalling the process when I put down my patio. Just sand and a dead blow to make things level.

Thanks

Greg in RI

Comment

The finer powder is less mobile. I set my backyard brick walk in plain sand, instead of the stone dust that's now recommended, and one or two are always sinking down each year. I doubt that sand will be a problem in this case: it's hardly a handful to level the floor on flat board.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
          X