42 pompeii with 60x60 Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42 pompeii with 60x60 Foundation

I had a 12ftx24ft pad poured with a 60inx60in pad sticking out from the side. Now I am about to start the cinder blocks, but since I am building a 42" oven, I think according to the directions, that my stand and insulating hearth may not be wide enough. I plan on double or triple wrapping the dome with fb blanket, and hopefully won't use any vermiculite. So, if I did a 60x60 stand and hearth, with no cantilevering, then , would I have enough room for the oven, insulation and the outer housing, Or, should I build it wider using cantilevering.

Thanks

Re: 42 pompeii with 60x60 Foundation

42 inch ID, plus 9 inch double wall, plus 4 inch minimum double blanket thickness, plus one inch minimum double cladding equals 56, so it can be done. Don't forget you need another 9-12 inches in the front for the landing/vent. So depending on what you want to do to cover your dome, you should be okay if you go with a corner entry, or a small cantelver in front.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Re: 42 pompeii with 60x60 Foundation

Thermo,

If you are planning an outside enclosure there is still plenty of room for metal studs on either side of the widest pint with room to have the hardibacker outside of that at the very edge. This would also allow for a lot more insulation around the oven with a fair amount of thickness of insulation jammed between the oven and the hardibacker at the narrowest spots on the base...

My 2?.

CB
      CB

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...-us-13256.html

Comment

Working...
      X