Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympia WA 36 inch build

FINALLY !!!

After almost 3 years on the forum I have started my build. Although I should not complain about the delay. The time I have spent reading on the forum has changed my plans about 25 times ( for the better). I would encourage everyone to spend lots of time reading on the forum. The information here is priceless !!
    The current ( and best) plan approved by SHMBO is a Parilla (Argentine BBQ), a 7 ft prep counter and a 36 corner install pompei oven. I am a bit of a scrounge so I have been collecting materials for 2 years for this project. I have firebrick, fireclay, CMUs, wall bricks and sections of chimney ready to go (total cost to date is $200). I will be buying concrete and lime as I go.
    Yesterday I poured the foundation for the Parilla. Six inches of 5/8 gravel and 6 inches of concrete with rebar.
    Today I stacked the CMUs and started the framing for the Parilla slab.
    Since I live in earthquake country I decided to use a seperate foundation for the Pompei and Parilla. The counter top between them will have a smaller foundation...just enough to support the granite countertops. I am hoping that if I have any earth movements there will be less damage with individual footings rather than a continous footing.
    I'll start posting pictures soon.

Bruce
    Last edited by brokencookie; 07-29-2010, 07:12 PM. Reason: fat fingers
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Re: Olympia WA 36 inch build

Welcome to the chaos of the construction zone! Let the fun begin.
    My oven build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/m...and-13300.html

Comment

Re: Olympia WA 36 inch build

Nice! Scrounging is the way to go, if you have more time than money like you and I.

Comment

Working...
      X