Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is a 42 big enough?

Mike
    I do indeed build the pizza on the wooden peel but as for stretching the dough I do this on the granite work surface and then transfer. At some point soon I may get brave enough to build the pizza sauce and all on the granite and then transfer to the peel and into the oven. The transfer from work surface to wood peel requires that the peel is solid and two hands on the pizza.

As for the 2 extra inches of floor, I'd take your 38" and add 9" for the walls and another 8" for insulation, plus what the thickness of your stucco for your igloo or walls for your oven house. This sum will tell you about your sub-structure, your block support needs.

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I would just start with your wooden peel on top of your granite, then stretch your dough with your hands and on the peel with a little bit of flour. Add all your stuff then through it in the oven. You shouldn't need to transfer anything. It is way too hard to move a sauced fully loaded pizza off a counter onto a peel. (maybe I am just confused from your description, but just go to any pizza place and watch, and really do it anyway you want)
      Mike

Comment

Chris,

I would just start with your wooden peel on top of your granite, then stretch your dough with your hands and on the peel with a little bit of flour. Add all your stuff then through it in the oven. You shouldn't need to transfer anything. It is way too hard to move a sauced fully loaded pizza off a counter onto a peel. (maybe I am just confused from your description, but just go to any pizza place and watch, and really do it anyway you want)
        Mike

Comment

I've seen a couple ways the big boys/girls do it.
          1 build the pizza on the counter and give the pizza a pull onto the peel
          2 build the pizza on the counter and slip the peel under the pizza (how in the hell do they do that?)
          3 stretch the dough on the counter and slide it onto the peel arrange it for decoration.
          4 stretch the dough on the peel and decorate.

Then deliver into the oven..

I'm a number 3 sort of guy..

C

Comment

Working...
          X