Interior Dome Hight-Possible Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Dome Hight-Possible Problem

My husband has been making great progress on our 44" Pompeii Oven since beginning on June 23rd. He's getting close to closing in the dome and we noticed today that it looks like the interior dome hight may only get to around 18 to 19". It's currently 17". We had another problem with the door opening that complicates thing too; we had planned for 12" door opening straight across and then he decided to build an arch but didn't lower the center thus the first arch was nearly 16" at its peak. We think we've solved that problem by adding an extra row of bricks under the original arch so now the arch is only 12" at it's peak. My question is will we have any problems with a 44" diameter oven with a 12" door opening and a maximum interior dome hight of around 19"? If so any suggestions on how to fix this now? Here's a link to my photo gallery so you can take a look at the progress so far. MobileMe Gallery Thanks in advance for your expert help.

Re: Interior Dome Hight-Possible Problem

Going by the pics, that door is in excess of 16" wide.

Comment

Yes the door opening horizontally is approximately 20" the top of the arch vertically is 12". My husband is planning on beveling the next course of bricks in order to hopefully increase the angle upward and thus increase the final interior dome hight. Any thoughts on how this may all effect the ultimate performance of the oven and/or additional tips to correct the issue are most welcome! We're kind of trial and error. Thanks!

Comment

12" high is about perfect for a 19" height on the dome going by the standard ROT's.

Comment

Working...
        X