X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIANLUCA
    replied
    Re: Paul's 42" WFO - Canberra Australia

I did a 42" with a 19" int height if you off set your IT it will give you a low dome but keep in mind it will not blend a 21" with your dome height. Make a wood form with your specific curve and every row set your it to it and be carefull its easy to go off with a wood form

Leave a comment:

• jimkramer
    replied

Muscats-
    Great build. What did you use for your chimney? How's it holding up?

Leave a comment:

• Muscats
    replied

I put in 4. One in the floor drilled 2/3rds thru the floor tile, 1 in the top of the dome drilled about half way through the fire brick and two in the side of the dome about 20cm apart one 2/3rds through and the other about half way. The idea of the side ones is to help me work out the amount of heat stored in the bricks for roasting and baking, though i havent done much with them yet. The top one lets me check when the heat evens out in the oven.

Prob a bit of over kill : )

Leave a comment:

• Grunt44
    replied

Originally posted by Muscats View Post
    Yes, basically the same shape it is now. I will put a small connection box at the front left where the thermocouple wires come out of the render. This will allow me to connect my multimeter which has a temp option to check the individual thermocouples.

I will go over the dome render with Moroka (brand name) which is a texture product to match the colour of the roof on our house (colorbond ironstone grey) I will then coat the wals of the stand to match the walls of our house to help the WFO blend in a bit.
    Hi
    I was wondering how many Thermocouples you have in your oven
    Regards
    Grant

Leave a comment:

• Jayson
    replied

Well done Muscats, I am a few weeks behind you so I can imagine how pleased you must be. Ciabatta looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Muscats
    replied

Finally cooking in my WFO.

Did a lamb roast with potatoes, carrots and sweet potato on the weekend while finishing the curing, all came out nice. Lamb had to go back in for a bit after carving due to too much heat and staying a bit too pink on the inside for the wife.

Also did some Ciabatta with some topping, which came out great, photos attached.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Why didnt you just use sand and cement?
    Sand and cement proves to be not too successful. A better mix is 4:1:1 sand, cement, lime. The lime gives it some elasticity which it needs because of the expansion and contraction problems.

Leave a comment:

• Muscats
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    The premix was on special and not much more than buying cement and bagged sand so I opted for the easy way.
    It is also much easier to mix and includes the nessessary additives to make it easily workable.
    Basically just add the predetermined amount of water and the mix is perfect.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by Muscats View Post

I used the dry premix bostik render.

Leave a comment:

• Muscats
    replied

Thanks for the praise guys.

Jayson, the Moroka is very thin like textured paint, I havent put it on yet.

So far I have used three layers, approx 8mm each, of render.

I used the dry premix bostik render.
    It comes in 20kg bags to which you just add water and mix it with a mixing attachment on a drill (actually you add the dry mix to the water). It comes out the same consistency each time you mix a bag but you have to be very carefull with the amount of water.

So the overall thinkness of the render is approx 24mm. The moroka will go over the render, after I have cured it for a week by keeping it damp and then let it dry out.

Leave a comment:

• Jayson
    replied

Muscat's it looks great. Did you use the Moroka as planned? Is it applied traight over the balnket and chicken wire? How think is it?

Sorry for all the questions, just hoping to replicate your good work.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied

Bring on the pizza. Looks great.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Muscats
    replied

Completed the final render coat today and fitted the thermocouple connection box.

I finished it in a swirl texture finish using a wet cloth.

Leave a comment:

• Jayson
    replied

Hi Muscats, mate you've done a great job, I look forward to seeing your progress with the render. Keep the pics coming. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Muscats
    replied

Yes, basically the same shape it is now. I will put a small connection box at the front left where the thermocouple wires come out of the render. This will allow me to connect my multimeter which has a temp option to check the individual thermocouples.

I will go over the dome render with Moroka (brand name) which is a texture product to match the colour of the roof on our house (colorbond ironstone grey) I will then coat the wals of the stand to match the walls of our house to help the WFO blend in a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X