Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oven opening and vent design detail

Originally posted by efleifel View Post
    the stand is 43 inches high, plus 3.5 inches concrete slab, plus 4.5 inches vermicrete(vermiculite and portland cement).
    Wow how tall are you?
    You have a total of 51 inches not including the cooking floor?
    Arn't those 8 inch blocks? That would make the stand 32 inches high?

Comment

You are right these are 8 inches blocks and the stand alone is 32 inches high, however, because the land where the oven is being built is not straight, I had to raise the foundation slab; it is 12 inches high from the far side and 9 inches from the near side. But have no fear I still have to bend when I have to look into the oven to turn the pizza when done, but not that much.
      Cheers mate

Eddie
      My Web site

Comment

Hey Dino,

What kind of brick cutting machine do you have?
        I am looking at your album, and those cuts are fantastic.

Salute

Eddie
        My Web site

Comment

Hi Gene,

I forgot to list the oven internal size, the vault is going to be 16" high, the entry width is also 16", and the height of the entry is 11" at the center of the arch but only 4.5" before the arch starts. I am thinking the chimney should be around 40" high at the outer arch.
          Hope this helps and/or let me know what you think

Eddie
          My Web site

Comment

In my build thread on page 3-

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/4...dome-5873.html

I have a spreadsheet that I put together for figuring the arch. Pretty simple (like me) but it works.

Hope this helps!
            Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Thanks Eddie & c5dad,

Eddie,
              My interior dimensions are also about the same. Thanks for passing those along...always nice to double check against someone who has done this already. After reading several threads and giving it alot of thought, I'm going to dispense with the soldier course. It looks cool and all, but is definitely a weak point. It is getting too cold here to start my build, so I'll just have to settle for building it my mind all winter

c5dad,
              Thanks for the poop. Are you a FRED driver or crewman as the name suggests?

gene

Comment

Actually, I am neither.

All of the family's name starts with a C and I be the dad - wife is C5momma. Geeky, yes, but keeps the momma happy Happy wife, Happy life!
                Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Originally posted by efleifel View Post
                  Hey Dino,

What kind of brick cutting machine do you have?
                  I am looking at your album, and those cuts are fantastic.
                  Thanks Eddie, I bought the Harbor Freight wet saw and stand. I'm so glad I paid for the stand. Being able to move the saw around was a big help.

I did go thru a lot of diamond blades getting those 'crazy cuts' just right.

So Eddie, you're going for a low dome (16") ? Sounds cool. Seen a few of those on this forum. Your oven opening dimensions sound good too but just a 16" wide opening at the floor? It sounds small for some reason but I don't remember what your oven diameter is so it may be just right.

Take care, Dino
                  "Life is a banquet and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct
                  http://picasaweb.google.com/Dino747?feat=directlink

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet
                  http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BF19875Rnp84Uw

My Oven Thread
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...arts-5883.html

Comment

Thanks Dino,
                    Because the internal size is only 28", I went with a 16" opening width, and an 11" height at the center of the arch, so as not to lose any heat, my previous oven was 18" high and 19" opening width with a 12" opening height, and it was about right., with this one a bit smaller I was just playing it safe.
                    I also have the Harbor Freight wet saw, but I built my own stand from left over wood as you can see on the web site, you must be real artistic and patient to be able to do those crazy cuts, so far the transition to the arch bricks were easy cuts, we'll see what happens tomorrow when I cut for the last 2 courses.

Thanks again

Take care

Eddie
                    My Web site

Comment

Working...
                    X