Compact 36" in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Compact 36" in Seattle

I'm really happy with the performance. It gets white-dome, 800? floor, 900?+ in less than an hour with a good fire. I'd say an hour, from striking the match. IT was even hotter when I was doing those sub-50 second pies, at 900? floor, and off scale (so over 1000?) on the dome. I'm also having fun cooking things other than pizza. No door yet, so no bread, but I've been roasting veggies as the oven is heating up, and fish and chickens over the coals once I'm finished cooking pizza. The veggies are amazingly good, with a very, very thin, delicate, almost shattery crust, and soft interiors. The fish was outrageous too. It was a whole, wild sockeye salmon, stuffed with fresh herbs and lemon, salted and peppered generously, then rubbed all over with olive oil. Then I cooked it over the coals of the dying pizza fire, and through a woody branch of a rosemary bush (they grow like weeds out here, and get huge) on the fire, and the fish was perfumed with rosemary smoke, which you could taste in the final product.
    My Build Thread

Comment

Re: Compact 36" in Seattle

More pics, and all in one place:
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1185d2e&type=1
      My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X