X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christo
    replied
    specifics

Thanks - the guy in the drawing is a little sad - He does not have a pizza oven.....

I should be a little more specific about my concerns. If you like you can message me off the list as well.

I'm using a pentagon shape of the oven to try to reduce the overall impact and to fool the eye on the overall size/mass of the oven. I will make the oven opening the same height as my tennis swing/peel swing ? which to me seems to be about 44 inches. The shape of the oven tends to reduce the space on either side of the opening - I thought that was a good thing but now have concerns that I may be making it too tight. This is where I need advice from oven users......

The right side:

The holes on the side are a charcoal grill - placed conveniently to dump coals from the oven to the grill. The smaller hole is a sink that will be serviced by a greywater drain/gravel sump. I'm on the fence about adding a fridge. Is a refrigerator a 30 feet from the house useful? Maybe swap the grill for a fridge? Area to right of sink is intended for dough prep prior to company adding toppings at left counter. Counter top height is right now the same as oven opening height that will have to be changed. A sink/grill at 44 inches wont work. I could compromise on oven height to lower the countertops as well. Looks like another trip to the drawing board.

The left side:

This is a pizza prep/counter/bar area ? Also same height as the oven opening - people can stand or sit to make/eat pizzas. The set back under the top is for knees/stools. - I'll make my own 3 legged stools ? I can adjust height to conform to the height in terms of seating. Countertop/bar area same height as oven opening ? any concerns here?

One of James?s ovens is used as an inspiration for the oven enclosure - I will have some lighting in the niches on either side of the oven, as well as either side at the countertops ? this lighting is not yet determined.

Material choices ? Concrete/Terrazzo for the countertops/oven transistion ? I intend to epoxy LED?s to marbles and place them in the concrete forms prior to the pour. The marbles will act as diffusers for the LED?s ? my experiments so far make me think this will be really fun. Stucco is the planned material to finish the rest.

I finished mounting a Web cam to the back of my house and hope to fire it up soon ? I wrote a program to take daily pics and hope to turn them into a time lapse movie of construction.

The drawing was done with Google Sketchup - just downloaded it - very easy to make 3d drawings at scale.... and sad guy comes with it for free!!! (actually the whole thing is free for personal use)

Thanks

Christo
    Last edited by christo; 11-19-2006, 05:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied
    That hole

That hole on the right hand counter - is that an opening for a tandoori oven?

Your design looks nice, I like the corner oven placement, and the matched arches.

Leave a comment:

• redbricknick
    replied
    Looks good Christo. Are you putting storage under the countertop wings? I think the little digital guy in the foreground needs a girl. He looks sad.

Leave a comment:

• christo
    started a topic Christo's Cucina

Christo's Cucina

Getting closer

Here is my vision for my outdoor kitchen.

Please let me know what you think and give me any guidance and input on how to improve my pizza making before I commit to this design.

Thanks!!!

Christo
Working...
X