No announcement yet.

Cheesesteak's WFO build - Take Two.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheesesteak's WFO build - Take Two.

Cheesesteak,

DAMN, NO DOUBLE DAMN! That belong on some isolated paradise island or better yet, at my house.

Comment

gt40 and Laurentius - thank you. It was (and is) a labor of love. I love to complain about the work it took to build (and occasionally about the work it takes to entertain 50 people for an evening) but I really do enjoy it.

Comment

Hi Mr Cheese,

The next time I'm stateside and in LaLa Land, may I drop by for some home cooking and to marvel at your creation? Please, please.

Comment

It looks awesome! Maybe I can use that as inspiration of finish mine up.

Is the color you chose for your stucco a standard color or did you custom mix it? It's THE color that I imagined to finish mine with. So it was good to see it being used.
          Jeff
          My 42-inch build

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaIdiot View Post
            It looks awesome! Maybe I can use that as inspiration of finish mine up.

Is the color you chose for your stucco a standard color or did you custom mix it? It's THE color that I imagined to finish mine with. So it was good to see it being used.
            PI -

That color is an Omega color (9201 - Featherly) - available here: Colors and Textures

It has Akrotique applied over the color coat. Same color as my house. I've had several people stop and ask for the name of the color . . .

Laurentius - let me know when you're in town - I'd be happy to host you for a pizza.

Comment

With the never ending need for counter space - and storage space - I decided to build more.

I wanted some flexibility to be able to move the work area around - so I built this big (heavy) wooden cart and put it on some industrial (500lb ea) casters. I picked up some butcher block for the counter (I love working with dough on wood) and treated it with oil/beeswax. Made doors on both sides so I've got easy access. I now store all my pans / tools, etc in here. When not needed - I just roll it out of the way. I stained it to match the patio cover.

On to the next project . . .

Comment

Everything looks fantastic! Your patio is like paradise for my eyes.
                Who Dat?

Tu Dat

If you feel lost with building your WFO, just pray to St. Stephen who is the patron saint of bricklayers.

Comment

Well - one more addition to the oven - I finally had a door made. I've got someone building a spiral staircase for my home and asked him if he could build me a door. I was going to build one myself - but sold my MIG welder a couple of years ago and just never got around to getting this built.

I gave him the freedom to build whatever he wanted - I had no input into it. I think he did a great job. It's substantial. Not insulated - but it's really heavy and fits great.

Comment

That door is a thing of beauty

Chip
                    Chip

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post

I gave him the freedom to build whatever he wanted - I had no input into it. I think he did a great job. It's substantial. Not insulated - but it's really heavy and fits great.

Did he get a look at your oven and pargola? Either way the guy is an artist . The heavy timbers + the door: A perfect addition which makes for a great midieval theme.
                        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi Cheesesteak,
                            It looks as if you can still make an insulated door or your present door, by adding a front panel with sandwiched Ceramic board in the middle. You might want to change to two handles, your's looks heavy already.

Comment

Great Looking Door! Goes perfect with that perfect oven!
                              Build Thread:http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ome-15521.html
                              Photos: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brick-...67884/pic/list
                              Oven Blog: http://johns-brickoven.blogspot.com/...ven-folly.html

Comment

Working...
                              X