Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're building in Niagara -- any WNY / Southern Ontario enthusiasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're building in Niagara -- any WNY / Southern Ontario enthusiasts?

So, much like many other posts on here, I decided to bite the bullet and began building one of these ovens... So far it's only been a week and I've got my concrete slab all installed with today, weather permitting, to go and get some concrete blocks and begin building the stand.

So far all I'm doing is reading the guide and doing matters one step at a time (I didn't read it all through becuase I didn't want to give myself a reason not to carry on... Kinda thought that it would better to be left until when I get to the oven-making stage - in which case I either have to carry on or have a giant concrete table in the back yard)... LOL

So an extra shout-out for all you WNYers or Southern Ontario peeps --- if anyone reading this is in the Buffalo/Niagara region, on both sides of the border, any has any local tips on building materials (firebricks; preferrably tiles), personal experiences (building or otherwise) - then it's be very much appreciated.

I know I'm going to need a lot of help soon enough - so my advanced thanks to everyone who gets involved to help me get this project up and going...

Thanks all

Re: We're building in Niagara -- any WNY / Southern Ontario enthusiasts?

I'm originally from up the road on the other side of the canal, but now am in Minnesota. I haven't noticed any other forum names close to you, but you never know. Good luck!
    My oven (for now):
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

Working...
    X