Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing floor

Hello ,

Looking for some advise , I need to replace the cooking floor of my oven. Have had bad spalling ( I think thats what its called ) on my cooking surface. I was thinking about just pulling out the bricks in the middle and either turn them over or replace them, which would be the easiest. Then thought I could try and make a two or three piece floor and cut it to creat a circle to put in , is there a material or surface that could work better than fire brick. I will try and post pictures.

Thanks ,

Mike

Re: Replacing floor

Some use soapstone as a cooking surface. Perhaps you could try flipping the existing bricks and see if it works. If it doesn't, move on to either new firebrick or a new floor (soapstone method).
    My oven (for now):
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

Re: Replacing floor

I'd look at Soapstone and look for an installer that has leftovers. The up side is that the 3cm Soapstone won't add a great deal of height to the oven and won't require pulling up the existing floor. You'll be adding additional mass to the floor and the temps will be more even. I think you'll find an installer that will have what you need for $100 and a 6 pack, or there abouts.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X