• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aegis
    replied
    Re: 36" no masonery experience in CT

Originally posted by firebert View Post
    Like many first time builders I have read some great pst on this forum and seen some really good designs. Quick question if anyone can help.
    I have finished my base and poured a 3 1/2" reinforced slab and a 3 1/2" insulating slab of vermiculite and portland. I think the floor will be no problem. My question is why some have cut an angle in the soldier course, is this to minimize the height of the dome?
    I have some pictures will download tomorrow.
    Welcome aboard!
    I cut the top soldiers at an angle to start the curve without having a huge mortar joint with the first chain. I hope I did it for the correct reason! lol I too have no or VERY little masonry experience. I live down the road from you a piece in Southbury Ct. pretty much off exit 15 on 84 I am almost done closing up the dome.
    Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• firebert
    started a topic 36" no masonery experience in CT

36" no masonery experience in CT

Like many first time builders I have read some great pst on this forum and seen some really good designs. Quick question if anyone can help.
    I have finished my base and poured a 3 1/2" reinforced slab and a 3 1/2" insulating slab of vermiculite and portland. I think the floor will be no problem. My question is why some have cut an angle in the soldier course, is this to minimize the height of the dome?
    I have some pictures will download tomorrow.
Working...
X