X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brickie in oz
    replied
    Re: Floor Insulation

Dig it out and replace it with calcium silicate board, the board has more insulating properties than vermicrete.

Im not a fan of vermicrete to start with, all that effort when you can just buy a board to plonk down and its done.

Leave a comment:

• SCChris
    replied
    Re: Floor Insulation

Insulation is your friend and more on the floor is better. I’d look at if you can either step up where you stand or bring the whole patio area up. It looks like what you have is waiting to have a patio slab poured. Is this correct?

Chris

Leave a comment:

• johnfm43
    started a topic Floor Insulation

Floor Insulation

I have run into a problem. I poured my hearth insulation and concrete yesterday. When I removed the boards, somehow I only have 2 1/2 to 3 inches of Vermiculite layer. I know that most have talked about a 4" layer. Has anyone used their oven with a 2 1/2 inch thickness of insulation? What is the major draw back for this screw up.

I would pour more or purchase some FB board insulation except my Floor height is 47" already using 2 inches of board will obviously bring it up to 49". My wife is only 5'4" and I am already concerned about the height of the floor. HELP.
Working...
X