Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chimney height? for 42" 0ven

Hello all,

Today was a good day, I placed dome keystones.. tomorrow I'll begin to build out entrance and chimney. I can't find anything about chimney height? I have a 12 x 8" x 6" height clay flue pipe, that funnels to a 8 x8" chimney clay liner pipe. The clay liners come in 2" sections. A this point, I have 30" height of chimney. The oven is 42". thoughts?

Advice appreciated!
    Victor C

Re: chimney height? for 42" 0ven

ooops, After I posted this.. all the other similar questions, that i couldn't find came up. Sorry for the redundancy!

Comment

I don't really understand all the figures, but I believe the building code here calls for the top of the chimney being 24" higher than anything within 12' of the chimney. So, my chimney will rise 24" or more above the peak of my oven roof.

Comment

Thanks Mingy,
        It seems from the follow up I did that the 2" rule is pretty standard.
        Hope you are having fun with your oven.
        Victor C

Comment

I finished the main part of my oven (dome, etc) and then went on vacation - right now, all I can think of is finishing it! Right now I have it wrapped in tarps, so I want to build my roof and make everything water tight before winter gets real bad. I have source concrete tiles for the top, so I hope the weather holds.

Comment

Working...
          X