bottom of slab won't be level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottom of slab won't be level

First things first, my build is an ugly wreck so far (and I haven't even started the dome), though I believe it will work out basic ally fine in the end. I'm about ready to pour the hearth slab, but due to too many mistakes to mention, I had a hard time levelling the bottom tray for the slab. (The top of the form is level). Does it matter if the bottom tray (and bottom of the slab) isn't level? I figure if the tray is way off level, the whole thing could collapse when the concrete gets poured, but I don't think it's nearly that bad. I used 6" wide boards for the legs, so it should be pretty darn stable. Any other concerns?
    Here's mine:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...man-15992.html

Re: bottom of slab won't be level

Jim, as long as you have the substructure solid and the form is tight, level at the top and won't shift during your pour, you'll be fine.. Make sure you have steel in the pour and that the steel ends up in the concrete. The concrete has compressive strength and the steel has the tension strength. Do your best to get the top of this pour as flat as possible to support your insulation and then your dome. A little more time to get it flat will save you time later.

You’ll be fine!

Chris

Comment

Re: bottom of slab won't be level

Originally posted by SCChris View Post
      Jim, as long as you have the substructure solid and the form is tight, level at the top and won't shift during your pour, you'll be fine.. Make sure you have steel in the pour and that the steel ends up in the concrete. The concrete has compressive strength and the steel has the tension strength. Do your best to get the top of this pour as flat as possible to support your insulation and then your dome. A little more time to get it flat will save you time later.

You?ll be fine!

Chris
      Ditto, Chris nailed it.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
      X