concrete mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concrete mix

I think I might hire a guy to come with the concrete, then help me pour the hearth slab and level it. My back just won't take doing it myself, and my car can't tow ready mix. When he built my front steps, he mixed his own concrete, so I think he might do the same for the slab. Anything I should specify to make sure he's making a quality concrete mix?

Thanks for all the info and support lately. It's a huge help to a newbie like me. Though my build isn't winning awards for being pretty, I think it's all within very tolerable limits, and will make delicious pizza. And roasts, and bread...
    Here's mine:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...man-15992.html

Re: concrete mix

Originally posted by jimkramer View Post
    Anything I should specify to make sure he's making a quality concrete mix?
    Tell him you want 5 sack - it's not over kill and will definitely work for this project.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Whats 5 sack?
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
        Whats 5 sack?
        Sack Mix - The amount of sacks of cement in a cubic yard of concrete. Specified when ordering, concrete is typically referred to as 5 sack mix (or 5.5 sack, 6 sack, etc.) The sacks on cement needed in a mix are usually specified in either the plans or the specifications of a project. More sacks = more strength.

Standard Sack in US is 94 pounds.

Chip
        Chip

Comment

OK.
          They use Mpa here, its stands for Mega-pascals the higher the Mpa the stronger the mix, its all about the resistance to crushing.

Its all about the metric system, some of which I still dont understand..... as I was brought up in the imperial system.
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone
            All you have to know about the metric system in Oz is that, even though it has been law since 1974 or maybe 1976, you still struggle to find a metric bolt at the hardware store when you need one
            Maybe that's because you live in South Australia where they're struggling to make it to the 20th century.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X