Mesa Arizona WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Arizona WFO

I started my oven about 3 months ago using all of the knowledge of the forum. Since I was so new, I had nothing to contribute but a new vocabulary of swear words.

Back to the oven, it is a 43inch floor and 21 inch interior with a 12 1/2 inch high entry by 18 in at the vent floor. The floor is floating. I chose a 36 inch stainless chimney and I isolated the oven from the vent area by using 1/2 insulated kiln bricks and also isolated the oven floor from the vent floor by using the same light bricks and topping it with a piece of tile that does not come into contact with either side. The WFO is insulated with FB blanket x 3 and is 3 inches thick. I also have a couple of rolls of pink R-30 unbacked roll insulation that I will use to fill around the bottom instead of perlite.

This is the 6th firing and I am at 800 at the top which gave me white brick. I then let the fire die down and and put an insulated door on the front - The oven started at about 550 at the floor. I am now at 45 hours and the oven floor is still at 230 and the walls are 270. The FB Blanket really works well in heat retention.

I am now working on the enclosure and the last thing I do will be to finalize the vent floor and finish the doors with proper handles and maybe make an oak door for baking.
Working...
X