Dome to high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome to high

Building a 42 inch Pompeii. I did not use forms just wedges. Now I'm to the top and see that it is 26.5 inches. Do I take off a few rows and try to jimmy it? not sure what will happen if I just leave it? My door opening is 12.5. Any suggestions for a non-engineer/builder (Pizza Lover) would be helpful.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Dome to high

I vote to just leave it...I have seen commercial pizza ovens much higher. As long as you preheat the oven properly and have flames going up to the top of the dome while you are cooking the pizza it seems to me that it should work fine. How about a pic...?

Comment

Mark,

I think you will be fine. You over shot a bit but you really cook your pizza on the hearth. There are some that think you need a low dome - there is merit to that but you can still get great pies. When you bake, it won't make a bit of difference. JMO
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

A friend of mine talked me into building him an oven with a higher door so he could fit in big roasts so I increased the height of the dome by about 20% by adding more on the bottom the rest of the dome was the same dimensions. I wasn't sure how it would work and had my fingers crossed. Turns out it fires and performs exactly the same.I don't think you have anything to worry about.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I've attached a few photos

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X