squirting fire mortar into some cracks/voids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squirting fire mortar into some cracks/voids

so, it has been a couple of years since my build was completed. My buddy and I have been looking at some of the joints inside and have decided that I will have to climb in soon enough and squirt something in, or use a pointing tool and mush some stuff in what appears to be a void or crack. Basically, a place or two that looks like it really needs it.

We have Atlantic Firebrick just north of town, that is where I got the more high tech supplies for my build, like the insulation, and the floor tiles. I did notice that they had other products like what I think I need for this job, but seem to have a memory of a small tub being like $60 or $120. I don't have any materials left from two years ago, so I guess I will have to let the wallet bleed a little.

any thoughts?

Tom

Re: squirting fire mortar into some cracks/voids

See if you can find a product called "Fire-pak" it is a wet refractory in a caulk tube, should run 10-12 bucks.

Comment

Re: squirting fire mortar into some cracks/voids

Tscar,

I did a web search for the product you mention, but to no avail (do you have a link?). This stuff looks pretty good, and it seems to be more readily available: Fireplace mortar

Comment

Working...
      X