X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlebla
    replied
    Re: dlebla's 39" MA build

How do I get the images to show in the bottom instead of the file names? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlebla
    started a topic dlebla's 39" MA build

dlebla's 39" MA build

Hello,
    Okay, so my summer honey to do list has just about been completed and am now ready to start my build. I have attached a few drawings of what I'm planning on doing, if anyone sees any issues or suggestions please let me know. I will use steel studs and cement board to close it up, but this is not finalized. I do have a few questions to start,

1. Being in MA should I be concerned about starting and not finishing before winter arrives? Do I need to winterize some how?

2. Planning on a 39" oven, with a 64" stand. Add in the brick thickness, steel studs, and Cement board it gives me about 1" clearance. I have seen others who have cut the steel stud laying down at the tangent point to create a little more space if needed. So the question is, am I cutting this too close? Should I make the stand wider? I have the room to do so, but the smaller the stand the better. Thought?

3. Trying to figure out where the door should be, locating the arch. Do I have this correct in image?

4. I have drawn the flare for the entry. How much wider should it be? Any rule of thumb?

5. I would like to use an IT, I have yet to create one and will not be able to weld one. So I need to do some searching on how to create one, unless someone has a 39" IT they are done with and would like to pass on.

All help/Input is greatly appreciated as I have ZERO experience in any of this and am eager to start/make changes. I have been amazed at others who have had no experience and I will be happy if mine comes out half as good.

Fire Away....
    Attached Files
Working...
X