Finally finished my 42" Pompeii !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally finished my 42" Pompeii !!

I finally finished my 42" WFO?a three year journey. Two weeks ago I finished grouting the field stone. The last thing I need to do was finish off the bottom of the WFO. My wife didn?t like the look of the wood and tools stacked in there where everyone can see it..."too messy looking". So I thought rather than just put doors on it to hide the mess I would make a large wooden box on wheels that I can pull out to get at the fire wood rather than crawl under the WFO.

This weekend I will put a couple of coats of eurathane on the wood box door to pretty it up then fill it with wood....now I need another project. ...Come to think of it I do have lots of that field stone left over so I may look a building a small outdoor work station for making pizzas.
    Live life like you're dying....without going bankrupt

Re: Finally finished my 42" Pompeii !!

That is a beautiful build!

Comment

Great job on that oven! I really like the cradle for the wood and ash bucket. Great idea.
      Tracy
      Texman Kitchen
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Smart looking oven!!

Comment

Great Job!

Comment

Great looking oven, like that pull out wood storage..........
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks everyone. I owe so much to all the people on this forum that provided ideas and help when I needed it.

I may have to change one thing on my wood box. I used castor wheels on the front and non castors at the back, thinking it would be easyer to steer it into the WFO. When I try to pull the woodbox out the front castor wheels want to swing 180 degrees and this pushes the box to the side causing it to push on the WFO wall.

I will need to replace the castor with non castor wheels so it pulls out straight.....

Cheers!!
              Live life like you're dying....without going bankrupt

Comment

Working...
              X