Supertemp 1900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supertemp 1900

Has anybody used this for insulation? It was recommended to me by the same place I bought my bricks as an alternative to blankets.

Re: Supertemp 1900

Originally posted by Kujo View Post
    Has anybody used this for insulation? It was recommended to me by the same place I bought my bricks as an alternative to blankets.
    Kujo,

I have not seen this before but it looks like an interesting product for dealing with thermal isolation breaks. reading the spec sheet leads me to believe it is not as effective as blanket as an insulating layer; because of the density; but if you have a specific area that needs it it might be very good.

Did you get a price on the 50# sack? I would guess it to be more expensive than blanket. Vermicrete or perlcrete are very inexpensive and provide very good insulating properties at 11/1 mix on top of the dome.

Chip
    Chip

Comment

It appears to be designed for use as a repair material for metal flues and boilers. Probably not the most cost effective or efficient material available for general insulation of the dome.

Comment

It was recommended for what usage, or substitute for what? Did they say that anyone else had used it in your application?

Comment

Working...
        X