32" dome oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32" dome oven

i move thread to pompei oven. want to build 32 oven. read for a days this forum. it is help me more. have few qustions.
    1. can i under the floor firebrick put ONLY perlite/cement 4" as a insulation(without ceramic board), is it enough for insolation?
    2. can i use for firebrick sticking mix of ;clay/mud,sand and cement?
    3. can i use rock wool as insulation(keramic is too expensive here)?
    sorry for english, it is urgenty for me becouse have few days off, and want to made oven. already have concrete base about 120x160x8 cm.

Re: 32" dome oven

bing,
    if I understand you correctly,
    1. yes
    2. a clay oven is also called a "cob oven"
    3. yes

Chris

see http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ild-12388.html
    Last edited by SCChris; 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

it is about pompeii oven. second qustions is about mortal for firebrick on dome. want to use mix of sand, clay,ordinary cement,lime (3,1,1,1,1). sorry for english.
      what caracteristic minimal must have rock wool (meen for temperature, heat koeficient etc.). standard rock wool is make for max 750 C working temperature, is it enough? (Rock Mineral Wool | Knauf Insulation) in that link is insulation what i can get here.
      thanks for answer

why corner instalation have only 5" space beetwen the dome and edge (Wall). in that 5" can be added only firebrick cuting on half for first chain? how about insulation ?

i want build corner 32". can someone tell me about all dimensions.
      Last edited by bing; 01-25-2013, 03:51 AM. Reason: cant wait for answer ;)

Comment

I can not answer about the mix for your dome, someone else will need to answer this.
        The rock wool is a very good replacement for "keramic" ceramic insulation. Rock wool for insulation will work very well, I used rock wool and I'm very happy with it.

Are you building a house for the oven or will it be an igloo?

Chris

Comment

Presuming by clay you mean fireclay (either bagged or the dust from cutting your bricks), then yes, the 3:1:1:1 sand:fireclayortland:lime mix works great. Many on this forum (myself included) have built ovens using it with great success.

As far as dimensions, your walls will be 4.5" thick (assuming you're using standard sized firebricks cut in half), and you want at least 7" on each side for insulation plus finish materials. The vent and counter adds ~18-24" on the front. So, take your desired floor diameter, add 23" (7+7+9) for the side-to-side dimensions of the stand, and ~40" for front-to-back, give or take. Add another 4" on each side for the foundation slab.
          My build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...-dc-18213.html

Comment

as i say i have already have concrete base about 48"x60". my plan is to put about 32" CORNER pompei oven. as i see in ebook is corner oven with only 5" over the inner diametar of oven. dont know am i say right, but i will post a picture. this 5" is making mess to me.
            anyway i solve first few qustions about using 3,1,1,1,1 mix, and cheaper insulation like rock wool in floor or perlite. i have brick 12.5" x6"x2.75" (25x12x7cm). will cut in half.

Comment

FYI, 25x12x7cm is more like 10"x4.7"x2.75", so you're using something pretty similar to what we use in the states.

I would note that those diagrams are based on the external width of the oven. So, that includes the walls. I have no idea why the corner oven diagrams only leave a 5" gap on the sides for insulation and finish material.
              My build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...-dc-18213.html

Comment

[ATTACH]35969[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35970[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]35975[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35976[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35977[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35978[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35979[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35980[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]35981[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35982[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35983[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35984[/ATTACH]

Comment

Very nice work.

You did well.

Chip
                      Chip

Comment

some update
                        CLICK

Comment

Cool.
                          Also love the hammock, is it made from an old wine barrel?

Comment

Very Nice!!!

Comment

That's beautiful
                              Pozdrav, izgleda kao kotlovina
                              Link to my build
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/4...nia-19904.html

Link to my pictures
                              https://plus.google.com/photos/10871...CPfMh4SMmcnQAQ

Comment

Working...
                              X