X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tscarborough
    replied
    Re: Concerning Fire Clay & FireBricks

I couldn't find any data about it at their website, but it looks like fire clay (not refractory cement).

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    The brick are wire cut and while usable, they are not the best.
    I would say so also. I think i will pass on them. Would that be the correct fire clay?

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    First off shrink your pics to 800 pixels wide, that way they wont run off the screen.

The fire bricks you show have all the faults in them that are in the brick you have at home.
    You need a bigger screen then? Lol i wanted the photos large so you can see the detail in the brick.
    What do you the bricks i have at home?

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

The brick are wire cut and while usable, they are not the best.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    its very porous, lots of small holes, many cracks.

Now here is a picture of another brick i have at home. I think its Muddox, and has 27% Alumina
    First off shrink your pics to 800 pixels wide, that way they wont run off the screen.

The fire bricks you show have all the faults in them that are in the brick you have at home.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    started a topic Concerning Fire Clay & FireBricks

Concerning Fire Clay & FireBricks

Hey fellow builders. I stopped by the local building supply store and came upon this fireclay, is this the right stuff?

Also came across these firebricks, they are called Pacific Clay, they are the cheapest firebricks produced. I know members have used these bricks but after looking at them they dont look like something id like to use, its very porous, lots of small holes, many cracks. What do you guys think. FYI the Alumina content is 21%

Now here is a picture of another brick i have at home. I think its Muddox, and has 27% Alumina

Working...
X