• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Concerning Fire Clay & FireBricks

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    The MK is a decent blade for the money.
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Comment

Lol, i hope i dont have to worry about neighbors, i can offer some pizza, im cool with that.

It seems like i should get one of those MK blades, would one blade get me thru 250 bricks? or should i get two blades.
      Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Lol, i hope i dont have to worry about neighbors, i can offer some pizza, im cool with that.

It seems like i should get one of those MK blades, would one blade get me thru 250 bricks? or should i get two blades.
        I would, that is pretty cheap by diamond blade standards....plus I come from the 2 is 1 and 1 is 0 school of thought. If something happens to one blade at least you have a spare.
        Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

vwiz,
          Aren't you using super duty bricks? I'm not sure one or two will get it done but you never know. You get a feel when you start cutting. I went through a bakers dozen on my high duty high alumina bricks.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
            vwiz,
            Aren't you using super duty bricks? I'm not sure one or two will get it done but you never know. You get a feel when you start cutting. I went through a bakers dozen on my high duty high alumina bricks.
            Hey Russ, no i decided that they were not suitable for me. I got Muddox bricks that are 27% Alumina, i think that would work better for me. I just picked them up this afternoon, ill update my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
              I would, that is pretty cheap by diamond blade standards....plus I come from the 2 is 1 and 1 is 0 school of thought. If something happens to one blade at least you have a spare.
              I agree, Ill start with 2 for now. Thanks

Comment

I agree, Ill start with 2 for now. Thanks
                Two, is probably all that you will ever need since you switched to 27% alumina .
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                  You are just reinforcing an old stereotype with that suggestion.
                  Yes, as he acknowledged, a major brain infarction. Although that is an unlikely cause of the idea,
                  Last edited by david s; 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM.
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                    Thanks V,
                    A major brain infarction on my part. Without insulation your effort is a waste of your precious time and money. Thank god for the active and informative mines on the forum. Remember, there are more than one way to skin a cat! But what do you do with a skinned cat? Cover it in rosemary and red wine and bake it in your over and offer it to the neighbors that complains of a little smoke, that will bring them around and you will have a devious secret. hehehehhehehheheheheh
                    When I was young, a long time ago, you could walk up the street of my home town with a wheat bag full of rabbit traps. If the local copper came along, instead of a lecture about animal cruelty, the RSPCA always prosecutes and the fine is $1000 per trap, never mind you are doing the farmers a big favour keeping the feral rabbit population down, he'd say "Don't forget me if you get a few boys".
                    Of course, this really was the good ol' days. If we were walking up the road with our rifles, the conversation was much the same except he might instruct us to not load them until we were out of town.
                    Know why kids today are always in trouble? Coz we've made perfectly normal young men's pursuits illegal and immoral.

Anyway, way back then we discovered that the only visible difference between a skun feral cat and a skun big rabbit is that one has flat ribs, the other round. If only I could remember which is which.
                    I never did it myself, of course, I wanted the repeat business. Can't vouch for the kids on the other side of the tracks though. No, really, they weren't some sort of hicks, they really did live on the other side of the railway line.
                    Last edited by wotavidone; 03-02-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

In France, markets that sells game are required by law to leave the feet and a turf of fur intact, so people know what they're buying. During the war many, many cats became rabbits. Seems, like everything wants to change its identity.

Comment

Lol at some of these commnets. Rabbit shmabit... Give me a damn boar so i can stuff it in my oven...

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                          Yes, as he acknowledged, a major brain infarction. Although that is an unlikely cause of the idea,
                          I know....I was being facetious. Plus everyone knows cats are delicious.
                          Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Cantonese feline stir fry with lobster sauce? Yummy!

Comment

That is the clay I used in my mix

Comment

The rabbits have the flat rib bones and the cats the oval ones. Works the same for sheep and goats.

They are all tasty. What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve.
                                Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Working...
                                X