X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miles_hot
    replied
    Re: terminology around angles and the IT cradle

nice one bricky - however getting to grips with all this stuff it helps if I'm talking the same language as other people so that I can understand which angle is "bevel" etc otherwise I could end up with a very odd shaped oven

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied
    Re: terminology around angles and the IT cradle

You can call the angles what ever you want as its you who is working with them.

Leave a comment:

• miles_hot
    started a topic terminology around angles and the IT cradle

terminology around angles and the IT cradle

I am getting myself a little confused about the terminology used around the angles. I've attached a quick and dirty diagram showing what I'm talking about. Feel free to tell me the terms I should be using in place of the ones that I have labelled in the picture

If I am building an oven with the minimum of mortar each brick will have four cut faces. I suspect but I don't know for sure! that the majority of the calculations assume that you've "only" cut the two ends.

If this assumption is correct
    1) is there a calculator that takes into account what I have termed (probably incorrectly) the taper
    2) would I need to adjust the design of the IT to match the taper angle in the cradle bit that supports the brick - this seems logical however I haven't seen anyone do it so it makes me worried that I'm wrong

Thanks

Miles
Working...
X