Hello please Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello please Urgent

Sorry this is my first post here on your forum, and I really need help, I hire someone to build me a WFO, and it was going pretty good, the base looks very good, but when they started to build the dome, they changed from concrete to Fire clay, they finished the dome and in the next couple of days the fire clay craked, off course nothing sticked together I can take the bricks with my own hand, I am reading here on the Forum that fire clay is mixed with cement and sand is that correct? the workers are only using fire clay to hold the structure off course doesn't seem to be working, so I guess I really need your help here with some advise before I make a decisition, I did not stopped them because I don't know anything about construction, I tought that was the correct way to do it, please your help wll be appreciated

Regards Leo.

Re: Hello please Urgent

Leo,

Look up the home brew mix that many ovens have used. Sand, lime, clay and portland. It works. You have fantastic brick / stone work there but the last time I was there I didn't see a lot of pizza ovens. Clay by itself is going to be problematic...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply.

Comment

Yes. I agree with Les. Look up the 3-1-1-1 mortar mix

Comment

Working...
        X