Decorative Arch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorative Arch

Is there any reason why I need a decorative arch on my entry, I really like the look of my firebrick arch and would rather not cover it if it is not necessary. My oven is under cover so the bricks would not get wet is there another reason to cover it up

Re: Decorative Arch

Originally posted by Circe View Post
    Is there any reason why I need a decorative arch on my entry, I really like the look of my firebrick arch and would rather not cover it if it is not necessary. My oven is under cover so the bricks would not get wet is there another reason to cover it up
    You dont have to cover it, its your choice.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Re: Decorative Arch

Originally posted by Circe View Post
      I cover mine so the decorative arch (which is insulated from the entry) becomes part of the outer shell. That way the inner oven and entry are free to move within the outer shell. It also makes the decorative front arch much cooler to touch and therefore safer. The downside is that you are adding extra depth to the entry that you have to work past when firing and cooking.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
      X