X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fabricated my insulated door.

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    Its funny how i cant find any info on this on the net

Does it not bother anyone else how the Fiber ropes let out fibers and are so loose? This is not good for food laying around in the oven?
    I agree. I'd have to be convinced it is safe before using it.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Its funny how i cant find any info on this on the net

Does it not bother anyone else how the Fiber ropes let out fibers and are so loose? This is not good for food laying around in the oven?

I'm not entirely sure what you expect to find. I did find this quote on a website:
      "In self-cleaning electric ranges, the oven temperature rises to approximately 875 degrees, the temperature needed to burn off food soil. When the temperature reaches approximately 560 degrees, the oven door locks automatically and the lock light comes on. At the end of the cleaning cycle, the oven turns off automatically. When the oven has cooled down to approximately 520 degrees, the lock is released, the locked light goes out, and the oven door can be opened. The self-cleaning pyrolytic oven is available in both electric and gas ranges."

This was supposedly a quote from a whirlpool faq that no longer appears to be available. At any rate, it seems that self-cleaning ovens get in the 900* range, and stay there for some time. Clearly the gaskets can withstand that temperature, because they do.

Comment

If it is good enough for my oven door, I would assume it would be good enough for my oven door! (WFO)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimney View Post
          If it is good enough for my oven door, I would assume it would be good enough for my oven door! (WFO)
          You have one on your WFO door?
          Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

No. I have one on my oven door in my kitchen. I would not hesitate for a second to use it on my future WFO door.
            Sorry for the confusion.........��

Comment

Just made a draft door.

Aluminum sheet about 4mm thick. Gate handle and Stainless Steel carriage bolts.

Comment

Im going to put this puppy to use tomorrow. Any advice? When do you put it on? at the beggining? or throughout the entire process? I am aware of the issues of overheating faster than normal so i will be cautious about that.

Comment

be carefull with backdrauft where the fire comes out looking for your hair off your head .. once you take door down..keep low down keep out of way of it.. you might get away with it once twice maybe 100 times but watch out it will try get you

Comment

Originally posted by jonlovepizza View Post
                    be carefull with backdrauft where the fire comes out looking for your hair off your head .. once you take door down..keep low down keep out of way of it.. you might get away with it once twice maybe 100 times but watch out it will try get you

Even with a draft door with oxygen flow?

Comment

V-wiz-

6 months ago I made the same two doors....both work great. I do not weld (wished that I did many times in this project)...so I had to rivit mine together. Anyway...I use my draft door when it is windy or at startup when it tends to be smoky. The draft door does get a lot hotter. Never had a problem with backdraft...seems to be a good flow of air so I'm not sure it will be an issue....but I am on alert now to watch for it. My heat door is only 2" thick and I have a wood outer door....have never felt any heat on it....

Your doors look great...nice job.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Update: i used the draft door, however unfortunately i didnt work. Once the door was placed the fire would die out. Is it because the opening is too small? Or is it because there is no exhaust/ opening at the top of the door for the air to escape? Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Update: i used the draft door, however unfortunately i didnt work. Once the door was placed the fire would die out. Is it because the opening is too small? Or is it because there is no exhaust/ opening at the top of the door for the air to escape? Any help would be appreciated
                            I have not built my own oven yet, but I believe the vent door is to be used on the outer opening of the oven so that it does not obstruct the venting of gases through the flue. How did you set up yours?

EDIT: helps to look at the pictures. Your door is placed in the inner arch, which I think prevents exhaust gases from venting.

Comment

Put the door half way in to the flue opening to allow for exhaust to escape.
                              Chip

Comment

Oh i had no idea.. So what would then be the point of the draft door? I guess to speed up the heating and enlarge the fire then, my goal was to try and keep some of the heat from escaping out the chimney. "Scratching head"!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X