New insulating material opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New insulating material opinions please

Hi all I'm just in the process of ordering firebricks and insulation and for the dome floor the kiln company I am using here has a new product that is 5 times for efficient than fibre board and calsil here's the link WDS ULTRA 1000x650x25mm - ?79.99 : Kiln Linings, Best Site for Kiln Maintainance and Repair Materials would love to here your thoughts guys apparently 25 mm of this stuff is better than 100mm of fb or anything else on the market
    Cheers guys lee
    link to my effort http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/7...art-20707.html

"95% reading this forum 5% building"

Re: New insulating material opinions please

sounds good, however, I would ask for a small sample before committing to purchase. I would want to touch and feel it to see if it is brittle, flakey, can it support weight, is it easy to work with etc. The fiberboard has been run through the ringer so you know what you are getting.

Comment

I totally know where your coming from with the fibre board but here in england it's not sold by many for health reasons the company selling this board are a hudge company here and great help they said if I really want fibre board they would sell me it but at my own risk really and the pint you made about the weight is a question I forgot to ask simply thinking it would be fine as being a more sufficient product than the others
      link to my effort http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/7...art-20707.html

"95% reading this forum 5% building"

Comment

Hi, wondering if you went with the WDS Ultra board and if you were happy with it? Just looking at that product myself.

Comment

Working...
        X