42" Build Underway in Central Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 42" Build Underway in Central Alabama

Chimney at night (for some odd reason I don't have any daytime shots of this):

Comment

I Have really enjoyed following your build. You have done a beautiful job. At some point I was wondering if I could come by and admire it?
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by johnmauter View Post
        I Have really enjoyed following your build. You have done a beautiful job. At some point I was wondering if I could come by and admire it?
        Mike
        Thank you! And yes, please come by and see it if you're interested. Just send me a PM and we'll work out a time.

Keep in mind that it's really not much to look at yet. I'll soon be starting on the faux stone veneer, the travertine tile, stucco and the LED lighting. Hopefully it will start looking presentable after all that!

Comment

That's a beautiful build!! We're going to build a cast oven on a trailer similar to a fire within caterer model. Waiting on the trailer now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stboo6 View Post
            That's a beautiful build!! We're going to build a cast oven on a trailer similar to a fire within caterer model. Waiting on the trailer now.
            Thank you! Your project sounds interesting...there was recently a cast 48" Renato oven for sale in our area and I was thinking it would be great to go on a trailer.

Comment

Where was it listed?

Comment

Originally posted by Stboo6 View Post
                Where was it listed?
                I'll send you the info by Private Message.

Comment

This evening, we fired the oven again...up to the highest temperatures yet! It was HOT! My thermometer tops out at 968 degrees. At the 2.5 hour mark of firing, the 4th chain of the dome was ~968 - and the dome above that had completely cleared. It was super hot. Did I mention it was hot???

So this was the first time we've cooked pizzas in 90 seconds - doing so is fantastically amazing. I was actually laughing around the 5th or 6th pizza. I had to pull one of them out at the 70 second mark...it was fully cooked.

Cooking in this oven has been SO rewarding - no regrets whatsoever with the design, size, construction, etc. Totally happy with it!

Comment

Now I'm looking forward to finishing the cosmetics (stone veneer, stucco, etc) of this project and calling it DONE!

Comment

Can't wait to see the cosmetics of it come together! Great build to read. You kept your exterior so clean. After talking to Russell the very first time... his suggestion was if you are going to enclose it... don't worry about making it look so nice on the outside of the dome. It will be covered anyway. It does look good though. Great work!
                      Loren

My Build - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...ney-19648.html

SLOB - Salt Lake Oven Builders - For WFO builders in Utah - Join here http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/grou...-builders.html

Comment

Originally posted by the_dr_masuess View Post
                        Can't wait to see the cosmetics of it come together! Great build to read. You kept your exterior so clean. After talking to Russell the very first time... his suggestion was if you are going to enclose it... don't worry about making it look so nice on the outside of the dome. It will be covered anyway. It does look good though. Great work!
                        Thank you for your comments! I did keep the brickwork fairly clean - but I had fun with that. It was a great change-of-pace from my day job. And even though it is all covered up now, I still know what it looks like underneath - and my wife has threatened to hang up an 8x10 photo of the dome before it was insulated!

Comment

An 8x10 photo of it would be a beauty anywhere
                          Loren

My Build - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...ney-19648.html

SLOB - Salt Lake Oven Builders - For WFO builders in Utah - Join here http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/grou...-builders.html

Comment

Your oven looks great edsiajb. Added your thread to my oven build folder. Hope to start this spring.

Can't wait to see the finished pics.

Comment

Thanks for the comments! I've not had as much time as I wished, so I'm still working on completing the cosmetics. Getting close though!

Comment

Almost everything is completed. Still have to apply the acrylic stucco to the cement board and complete the stone work at the top of the chimney.

Comment

Working...
                                X