X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deejayoh
    replied
    Re: WFO built into retaining wall

Your bricky craftstmanship is pretty evident in your dome. Nice work.

But I do have a question for you... what did you use for a hearth?
    In this pic, it looks like the oven is built on top of pavers laid on the soil. Did you lay down a waterproofing layer?
    And did you use any insulation under the oven floor?

As David points out, moisture is a real problem for these ovens. If you don't keep them bone dry and insulated, they won't perform well.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

One of the problems with a WFO is exposure to weather and the result being wet insulation. If you back fill around your oven with soil, drying the oven will become more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• softy
    replied

second layer of render on today with a bit of decoration

Leave a comment:

• softy
    replied

had a bit of rain in Sydney today but I still managed to get second layer of render over the dome. just need to water proof and do drainage then I can back fill the dome and continue on with the landscaping

Leave a comment:

• softy
    started a topic WFO built into retaining wall

WFO built into retaining wall

Hi all, after years of thinking where to put my oven, 6 weeks ago I decided where to build it. for years weeds were successfully growing, then I decided to grow some veges, then a week later out with the veges and in with the oven.
    I am a bricky by trade and thought I would try to be a bit different with my fa?ade. it has been a challenge, it still isn't finished, need to insulate the dome and lay the capping, getting there slowly, still have a lot of landscaping to do as well. as soon as I work out how to post pics I will
    cheers
    Tom the bricky
Working...
X