Curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curing

When curing where does the temp reading come from? Oven floor near coals, under the coals after moving, dome? Which area are we attempting to raise the temp.? We're trying the method of raising temps 100 degrees each day until it reaches 800. We have infared gun and oven door with therm.

Re: Curing

Basically anywhere there was water...so your bricks and mortar. Check the dome and the floor. You'll see temperature differences but the idea is to slowly bring up the temperature like you're doing over several days. You'll be just fine.

Comment

Someone recommended a curing schedule over several days bringing the temps up 100 degrees over a week till temps reached 800 degrees. Today the dome reached 950 degrees while the floor next to the fire was 300 or something like that. So if we were suppose to bring the temps up to only 700 degrees this day, where are we suppose to be checking, the floor or the dome?

Comment

Originally posted by mamaspizza View Post
        Someone recommended a curing schedule over several days bringing the temps up 100 degrees over a week till temps reached 800 degrees. Today the dome reached 950 degrees while the floor next to the fire was 300 or something like that. So if we were suppose to bring the temps up to only 700 degrees this day, where are we suppose to be checking, the floor or the dome?
        I checked the hottest spot in the oven. When I reached my temperature goal I tried to keep that temp as long as possible. Sometimes I had to spread the coals a bit to keep the temperature from going too high. I took my time during the curing process, about 2 weeks before I hit 900 degrees. The floor took a long time to cure. I think my ceramic board had soaked up a lot of water.
        My build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/4...way-19491.html

Comment

Working...
        X