Tony

Link to my oven build thread:
    40 inch indoor pompeii in NNY

Comment

Re: New 38 Build in Central Texas

Time to post a few pics!

Comment

A few more, got some help from my son, he was nice enough to get inside and do some cleaning. IT is out and form for last bit of dome going up soon as we have good weather again, which appears may be awhile. Ready to get dome finished even though it's only been a 1-1/2 months since starting. Been fortunate so far with weather.

Comment

Got the dome done last weekend and started the vent arch supports. If the weather was good this weekend I'd have those vent arches done. Hope to be burning a fire soon. So far I've been pleased with the pace of progress given the time of year I'm building this and it's only weekends. I have also discovered many things I would do different, or should I say "will" do different next time!

Comment

Last one before cutting arch bricks, raining and cold so I guess it's mostly and wings and beer day today! ;-)

Comment

Looking good. It won't be long before pizza.
              My Build:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

that pic with the head sticking out the dome is too funny. You have very nice build going. Keep up the good work. IT is nice to have the roof in Texas, you will like that.

Texman
                Texman Kitchen
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Thanks guys. Yea my son initially got in and did some cleaning when I pulled the tool out. There will be a rock wall covering the pizza oven and the room it's in will be storage. I'm ready to start building fires and see how many cracks I get to fix. Hopefully not too many.

Comment

Hope to have transition done tomorrow and flue out of the roof by Sunday! Then start curing. Time to source ceramic blanket!

Comment

Your work looks great - you are going to have a fantastic oven.

If you are near DFW, you may want to check DS Industries for the insulation. They had it in-stock at a location near me and it was about $90 less without shipping (it is fairly heavy stuff). And their price per roll was very competitive.

Comment

Oh thanks a bunch! There's a company in Mansfield that carries all kinds of refractory supplies, I did buy some refractory mortar in a pail from them and my fireclay, used it the mortar in a couple of places but 99% home brew for the oven. I have a friend who owns a boiler business in Dallas and he told me he has a lot of scrap ceramic blanket in the yard. I can help myself but will simply have to piece mill it in, should work fine though. If that doesn't work out I'm going to buy some, might be easier to just do that anyway. Thanks for the source! It's been a fun project and hasn't taken as long as I expected. Also ready to get that area finished and cleaned up, what a mess brick laying can make!

Comment

I do have a question for you. What did you use in your heat break between vent arch and oven arch? I was thinking about putting some of the blanket in there and mortaring both sides, or possibly some rope insulation. thoughts? Oh and I remember your build btw, what a nice nice job!

Comment

I used Rutland Grapho-Glas Woodstove Gasket Rope 3/8". So far, so good. And I can easily remove and replace it if I ever need to. The 3/8" size rope filled gaps that varied from less than 1/4" to about 1/2".

Comment

Awesome thanks for the info, I'll see if I can find some. I kinda had rope insulation in my mind all along but was going to wait and see what blanket looks like. I will mortar the inside of the break before starting fires. Thanks again!

Comment

The rope is easy to find online - it is even an Amazon Prime item....

Comment

Working...
                                X