proximity to fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proximity to fence

I am planning the build.....not sure of the size yet.....We want to put the oven and a wall/counter in the corner of the yard. I plan to enclose the oven dome in a brick and stone "house" how close can it be to the wood fence ????

Re: proximity to fence

My igloo dome is 2 ft away from my fence at the closest point, it's insulated with 4" of ceramic insulation and doesn't even get warm on the outside if that helps! If youre building a house round it of stone and insulating well you could probably build even tighter than that to a fence. See what others think but I wouldn't be concerned if I was you
    my build,
    http://ukwoodfiredovenforum.proboards.com/thread/1209

my door,
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f17/...oor-21345.html

Comment

Thank you. I planned to leave only enough room for fence maintenance.

Comment

Ask your local council about their regulations. Most councils in Australia want people to keep anything a minimum of 1.5 m from any boundary fence. If there were to be an dispute with your neighbour, e.g. complaints re smoke, then you could possibly be forced to pull it down. My own oven is right up against my boundary wall, but my neighbour also has a WFO in exactly the same place on the other side.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottnDawna View Post
          I am planning the build.....not sure of the size yet.....We want to put the oven and a wall/counter in the corner of the yard. I plan to enclose the oven dome in a brick and stone "house" how close can it be to the wood fence ????
          Are you concerned about heat from the oven and the wood fence? If properly insulated inside your brick and stone "house", the outer surface of your brick and stone should feel cool to the touch when the oven is in use.
          Tony

Link to my oven build thread:
          40 inch indoor pompeii in NNY

Comment

I just do not want to create any problems with the fence. It is shared so 1/2 of it belongs to my neighbor.

Comment

I would definitely check with your zoning regulations on property setbacks. The last thing you want to do is build an oven, only to have your zoning office come down on you and have you dig it up and move it. I dont know about the great state of Texas, but here in the commonwealth of Pa, particularly where I live, the Zoning Office likes to flex its muscle once in a while. Zoning office just wants their money. (my permit cost me $160!!!)

As far as heat goes, if you insulate your oven, your fence wont even know the oven is there.

Comment

Working...
              X