Pompeii Oven plans in French and Spanish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pompeii Oven plans in French and Spanish

We have been thinking of doing French and Spanish translations of the Pompeii Oven plans -- both the PDF and the web pages. Carrie's first job was translating English computer documents to French -- which was how she ended up in the computer industry (and how we met), so we have a good start there. Still, we could use more help.

Let me know if anyone is interested in helping with either the French or Spanish versions. Or another language -- if you are ready to jump in. FB's Netherland dealer has recent done a Dutch translation of the Casa installation guide, and we will be posting that as well.

This could be exciting.
    James
    Last edited by james; 06-09-2007, 10:40 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Pompeii Oven plans in French and Spanish

hi James,
    that's a great idea. Even for me in Oz I've had a few curious looks over some of my requests and that's just translating Nth American English to Australian.

I'd love to help but my French these days is not so good. Although I'm happy to help with an Aussie glossary of terms that differ.

One thing I would say though from my time doing technical translation proof reading is that there is a difference between ""normal" language and "technical'' which can sometimes lead to curious instructions. I was once instructed to insert nut A into left hand and rotate for a fan I was installing.

The other thing from my experience converting inches to cm is that the sizes aren't exact translations for products across national boundaries. So some visits to various hardware suppliers may be necessary.

cheers
    ian

Comment

Alf has translated a couple of our oven brouchures into English English.

If anybody wants to jump in with an Aussie version -- either a re-write or an addendum with local materials, terms, measurements, etc., let me know. If you want to do the writing, I am happy to do the production and post the materials on FB.com -- both as PDFs and web pages.

Let me know.
      James
      Last edited by james; 06-11-2007, 10:08 AM.
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

hi James,

there is an excellent bread oven forum in French, to which I have posted a link to your site and plans etc.

There is probably interest as well as expertise available there.

Here is the link: Forum Aux fours ? pain

Comment

Thanks VT,

That a good resource. Carrie has agreed to do the text, so we are on our way.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

what? No plans for Italian translation?
            My oven progress -
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X