chimney's and where to get em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chimney's and where to get em?

Hi all, I am in Melbourne Australia and am wondering if anyone knows anywhere to find chiney's similair to the Simpson Duratech system in the PDF Pompei Plans. Any info would be great thanks.

Re: chimney's and where to get em?

Hi Waitingtocook,
    I am in Adelaide and just completed my 40" Pompeii (in the oven photo postings) and used galv 8" chimney, mainly because I couldn't easily acquire stainless and also because of the lack of terracotta.
    I have seen some around in an outdoor cooking establishment but that came at a high cost in a prefabricated kit type oven (Au$3500 +).
    Do you want something to work well or to add something that looks nice(r)?
    You could always 'import' it but reading the postings, they are relatively delicate and likely to be broken in transit if not due to use.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Sorry, should be more specific. Im looking for a stinless steel or galvanized chimney, mainly funtional, but to also look nice enough. Mainly I am interested in where to get the chimney cap and spark arrestor from. If anyone knows where to get these parts please let me know cheers

Comment

Hi waiting to cook,
        Field Furnace Refractories Field Furnace Refractories in Sydney offer a stainless steel pipe and hat for $138 according to a recent price list I had emailed to me.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet so can't vouch for its design. I doubt it is as sophisticated as the Simpson at that price.

I'm keen to include a spark arrestor too and Neill had a post about a way to make one which could be included in any straight flue you might get. I think it was in nissanneill#4 thread??

Ian

Comment

Yep Ian,
          got the materials and need to get my act together and make it all.
          Might get it done this week-end as I plan on using the oven this for bread, buns and the traditional sunday night roast.
          Have included a rough diagram which explains the spark arrester construction.
          I will post more details and pictures once completed.

Waitingtocook,
          you can get stainless flues and tops from your local fireplace centres. They sell the flue sections individually or as a kit and you choose those you need. A range of tops are available from different suppliers and manufactures.
          They will be much cheaper than custom made from the local engineering or plumbing supplier.
          I make my own because I can and I am reluctant to pay inflated prices for something sometimes best out of a bad selection.

Neill
          Attached Files
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Cool!

Is that a specialized mesh (as opposed to simply being of a particular specification)?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
            X