X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les
    replied
    Re: Arch Rise for Oven Opening

Paul, I am trying to hit the same numbers that Ken listed. You're only 1.5 inches above that and I wouldn't think it's a show stopper - may require a little more wood for pizza temps, but with a good door you should be able to bake the same. Might even be a plus - you could fit the 45 pound turkey in there.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied
    Re: Arch Rise for Oven Opening

Paul,

Here's my opening design. It's roughly based on the dimensions of the Forno Bravo door in the FB store (this opening may not actually fit the FB Door).

The dotted lines are the door jamb, the solid lines are the actual door dimensions. My opening will have a 2" rise starting at 10".

I played with the layout on the garage floor. Seems like a nice looking opening.

Leave a comment:

• Hendo
    started a topic Arch Rise for Oven Opening

Arch Rise for Oven Opening

A question on aesthetics for those builders out there who elected to construct an arch for their oven opening, rather than use angle iron - what is the rise of your arch?

My opening will be around 18.5" wide and the tapered bricks I purchased for the dome generate a rise of just over 2" across this width. If I start the arch at four brick courses (12"), then this will create a height of over 14" at the middle of the arch, which I'm concerned on a 43" oven (21.5" height) is too high at 65% of the interior oven height.

I have two options - lower the overall arch by chamfering the fourth course door posts, and/or using firebricks with a slower taper - eg 75/69mm which should create a rise of just over one inch. Difficult to visualise though.

So I'd be most interested in hearing what rise you chose for a given opening width, and whether you're happy with it aesthetically.

Thanks, Paul.
Working...
X