No announcement yet.

Exact specs on insulfrax for 42" oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exact specs on insulfrax for 42" oven?

What are the exact specs on the insulfrax blanket for a 42-inch oven? The supplier I've called has it in 2" x 24" x 12.5' in 3 weights--4 lb, 6 lb, and 8 lb. I'm inclined to go with the heaviest, but maybe that's overkill.

Do I need 50 ft?

Thanks!

DB

Re: Exact specs on insulfrax for 42" oven?

According to my blanket supplier, the weights have to do with the density of the ceramic weave, the heavier the weight the more ceramic and less air. In this case heavier is better for high temp insulation, so you want the 8lb.

If you are talking the whole roll, then yes you should go ahead and buy the 50ft roll. That should be 50 sq ft, the products I looked at came in 24"x 25' rolls. That will completely cover your dome. Make sure and overlap all seams you want complete coverage.
    Last edited by wlively; 09-27-2007, 10:09 AM.
    Wade Lively

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      What are the exact specs on the insulfrax blanket for a 42-inch oven? The supplier I've called has it in 2" x 24" x 12.5' in 3 weights--4 lb, 6 lb, and 8 lb. I'm inclined to go with the heaviest, but maybe that's overkill.

Do I need 50 ft?

Thanks!

DB
      Nick - I don't think you can overkill on the insulation. I've got 4 inches of insblock under my floor, I am going to cover the dome with 2 inches of inswool (8 lb), and I am planning on adding 4 - 6 inches of loose vermiculite.

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I agree on "no such thing as overkill" when it comes to insulation. We are using loose vermiculite, too.

DB

Comment

Working...
        X