Finished the dome today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished the dome today

I finally laid the final brick in the dome today! I've been a little slow the past 2 months due to camping, hunting and overtime at work, but I got it done. I had to redo my arch, I'm not a mason and I didn't trust it so I went back to the basics and laid a lintel and just went with a straight opening. I picked up some flue liner and some INSWOOL-HP 6# (2" X 24" X25' for $65) from a refractory distributor in Pueblo. I have my friend the "Tile Guy" cutting a 4" hole in one of the flue tiles so I can incorporate the Carolina pit BBQ smoke stack. I'm aiming for roast turkey from the oven this Thanksgiving! I'll post pic in a few days (working OT again).

Re: Finished the dome today

KC good to hear, i hunt a fair bit in Australia and there is nothing like cooking game meat in the wood ovens. Quails, Rabbit, Goat, Pig, Duck etc.. you name it.

Looking forward to the pics, we should be finishing my dads dome today.
    Regards
    Adrian

Comment

Elk, Deer, Antelope this year. Starting to see the light (or fire) at the end of the tunnel. Don't know how much longer the weather will hold out. We got snow on Pikes Peak yesterday.

Go Rockies!

Comment

KC 1 day i will be hunting the Rockies (1 day). I have many friends that do so and im envious at times.
        Regards
        Adrian

Comment

Here is the latest pictures. Now on to the vent and insulation,

Comment

Congrats on completing the dome. I don't see any light at the end of tunnel yet on my work. You've got to be licking your chops about now thinking about all the great meals you're going to make.
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
            X