Chimney/Rain Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimney/Rain Cap

I just got my duratech chimney and cap today. I got the 8 inch on both. These things are huge! I had no idea. I'm afraid my oven is going to look like a melon on a tooth pick (upside down of course). The spark arrestor/rain cap fit the 8'' diameter pipe but the actual cap is 15'' in diameter! It's like a metal pizza on top of a pipe. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: Chimney/Rain Cap

I just received my 6" Duratech. It seemed huge as well but nothing compared to the box. My 2ft long piece of Duratech was packed in a 5ft box. Sort of wondered what the heck I ended up with when I saw the huge box.

It is kind of funny that all the dimensions are pretty clearly spelled out then when you actually have it in your hands it seems so big.
    Last edited by Gentcpa; 11-03-2007, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Yes, it's normal - they all look like there's a big bulb on the end. The large size helps both work better - that large overhang will help prevent water from getting in and it lets the exhaust cool just a fraction as it leaves the chimney making it easier to catch the sparks (little stuff that might have passed through will extinguish before reaching the screen).
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for the insight. took the materials outside to the oven and they don't seem as bad out in the open.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Working...
        X