Ryan's 42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ryan's 42

Congrats Ryan. I love the look of the combo bricks on top, rocks on the bottom. Nice contrast.
    "Pizza, the world's most perfect food."

Comment

Very nice! Excellent job!
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Ryan, your oven looks great! No wonder your son is proud to stand beside it. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks! We will be cooking the first pizza's tonight!

Comment

Pizza is Great!

I wanted to thank everyone for their help and support. The oven turned out great and it is cooking great. It is amazing to watch the oven turn "White-Hot" as so many have mentioned. I cooked about 12 pizzas last week and this week we will have a party and cook at least that many. So, it looks like pizza at least once a week maybe twice!

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Love the oven - please remember we like food pics and recipies, too!!!

Christo
              My oven progress -
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
              sigpic

Comment

I will send the food pics and the recipes this week. I used the Forno Bravo pizza dough by weight recipe but substituted whole wheat flour and it turned out great!

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Here some photos of the last 2 pizzas of the evening last Friday. It was really cold but the oven fired up great! We cooked over 16 pizzas in just under an hour.

Comment

Hey Ryan,

Looks good!

I see you are using HeatStop, how is it to work with? I'm almost at the poing to cementing my first layer and not sure is to go with HeatStop of Refmix. The Refmix is a bit more expensive.

Domenico

Comment

The HeatStop is working great! It was really easy to work with and set the fire bricks well. It was still expensive as It ran $92 for a 50 pound bag. As I had a local supplier it was easier to just hop in the car and pick up a bag as needed. I think I ended up using 3 bags. Drake down in Littleton gave me half a bag that he was no longer using as well. I see you are in Freemont. My wife is from there.

Take Care,

Ryan

Comment

Caputo Flour

I finally got a bag of Caputo flour! My pizza turned out better than it has ever looked or tasted before. There was no need to put corn meal or semolina on the peel as the Caputo Flour did the job just fine. My house is for sale so if anyone wants to buy my place I will throw in the pizza oven! I will be moving to Hawaii and will have to build another oven there.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Aloha Everyone,

I've since moved to Hawaii and sadly had could not bring my WFO with me I am looking to do another oven. Thanks for your support and your contribution to the newbie. Drake even let me come down a few years back and see his oven in person which really inspired me.
                          I will keep everyone posted on the new build!
                          Mahalo,

Ryan

Comment

Pizza and mai tais...mmmm

Comment

Working...
                            X